Friday, May 14, 2010

Procrastination

Do you say to yourself, “I will get around to it?” “One of these days I will get this done.” “I have to be in the mood for doing that.” If you answered yes to any of these statements, you struggle with procrastination.

It is the habitual putting off until a more comfortable or convenient time. Often this better time never arrives and key tasks never get accomplished. One man‘s poem stated, “Procrastination is my sin, it only brings me sorry, I think I will change, I will…tomorrow.” This habit also make liars of all of us; impoverished people of plenty of us; and slob of some of us.

Achievers do not wait for perfect conditions to tackle tough tasks. The schedule their success, set up plans, focus upon the rewards of accomplishment, and practice this daily. Achievers do daily what we do occasionally. They sometimes do not try to get it right...just get it going! In the words of the successful billion-dollar company, “Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment